Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week 1, 21 Day Fix

Just a short update on my first week. I got the system on Wednesday of last week, started on Friday.  I have been a little loose...gave myself a cheat day on Sunday, had a glass of wine on Thursday, had an extra slice of pizza today.


But overall, I'm still pleased.  I've lost between 1.5 and 4 lbs in the last week (why the range?  My weight fluctuates by a couple of pounds due to water.  I went from 157 last Monday to 156.2 on Friday to 157 on Monday to 153 on Thursday to 154.8 on Friday.)


Anyway, I'm down a little bit, which is awesome!  I really love the workouts, but I'm not gonna lie - I wanted to cry the day after the first full body cardio workout.  My legs were so sore.  Then I had to go into legs two days later.  So far I've done all but the quick abs and yoga (I'm working it around my regular workouts).  I have to do the "modified" versions of everything because my knees/ ankles still aren't able to take the pounding of running in place, jumping jacks, etc.


I'm eating a LOT of salad, pretty much because I'm getting two heads of lettuce a week from the CSA.  BIG heads of lettuce.  The hardest part, and the reason for the cheats, is that I only get two yellows - so only two servings of carbs a day (rice, beans, bread, etc.)  And they are small servings.


I hope that I can maintain this pretty well for the next week when my husband is out of town.  The week after is Spring break. Most of the week should be easy because we are off and my MIL is visiting so I'll have a lot more free time.  But we are taking a family trip to Disneyland for two days- that will be the challenge.


On a surprising note, the chocolate shakeology is the BOMB.  I mean, I still kinda can't believe that people pay $4 a serving for it (160 calories).  But it tastes REALLY good and is filling.  I will definitely stick to it as long as the weight is coming off.


The thing I like the most is the "if it ships, it fits".  I stuff that little container full of...cottage cheese, strawberries, sunflower seeds, avocado  (depending on the color) and then I'm good.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a promising system! Glad the weight is moving in the right direction!!! And the little containers sound great!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I’m Judy! I have a question and would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you!

Biz said...

Glad it's working out for you! I've heard other people talk about how good that Shakeology stuff is.

Here's to both of us having a great week!

Joanne said...

Yay! Good for you for finding a plan that's working!!

I actually think Disney has a lot of healthier options these days, so hopefully you'll be able to find something!

Marcia said...

Hey Judy I don't have your email address (I know you probably entered it, but blogger doesn't necessarily let me see it!)

Jen Blacker said...

How are you doing? You haven't posted in awhile.